- 8 rashers of rindless back bacon or vegetarian bacon substitute
- A bunch of spring onions sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 85g/3oz cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- Knob of butter
- Tomato salsa & thick slices of bread to serve
Snip the bacon into small pieces.Cook in a non stick frying pan for approx 5 mins. drain off any excess oil or fat and then add the spring onions and cook for another 5 mins until the bacon is crisp.Vegetarian substitute may require less cooking time.
Preheat the grill
Beat the eggs and milk together and add pepper if required. Hold back a little of the bacon & mix in with the eggs, spring onion & cheese.
Melt the butter in a 23cm/9 inch frying pan. Pour the above mixture into the pan and cook gently, without stirring for 5-8 mins until mixture is set.
Scatter the top with the remaining bacon.
Put the pan under the grill to brown the top.
Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and bread as required.
A PDF version of this recipe can be downloaded here
Related articles by Zemanta
- Macaroni & Cheese (Muggs)
- Sunday Dinner – Al fresco!
- The new vegetarian
- Recipe Favorites: Twice-Baked Cauliflower